Fish farming is basically raising fish commercially in the tanks and ponds for the purpose of producing food. Commercial fish farming has already established as a lucrative business venture all over the world. As we know that fish is a great source of food and protein, hence the demand and price of fish and fish related products are also increasing rapidly, in accordance with population growth.
Although you can do fish farming business in any country but countries with coastal areas are more suitable for this business. Fish farming business is the only way of earning for many people in the world including India.
There are many advantages of starting commercial fish farming business and below given are some of the main benefits.
- As per the demand, commercial fish farming business allows for large supplies of fish. Catching fish from the wild cannot always fulfill the demand of consumers hence in such cases commercial fish farming can meet up this demand.
- You can easily raise the fishes in tanks until they are ready for selling or marketing and they don’t need the wide capture of wild fish. Therefore commercial fish farming helps in preserving natural ecosystem
- If compared to the wild fishes, some of the farm raised fish species are more healthy and delicious. Fishes are generally fed a wide variety of nutrient and protein enriched foods or pellets on commercial fish farms. So farm fish become healthier than the wild fish.
- There are indeed various types of fish species all over the world. So you can select your desired species for your fish farming business.
- We also know that fish is very popular as food all around the world thus there is already an established fish market available for you. And you don’t really have to worry about where to sell them.
- You can start your fish farming business in large or small scale production; it all depends upon the resources available with you
- And if you don’t have sufficient funds or money to start this business, then you can also apply for bank loans.
- You can also fulfill your daily family nutritional demands through small-scale fish farming in tanks or ponds.
Last but not the least fish farming business is a great source of employment. It is important to mention that over 1 billion people all over the world depend on fishes as their primary protein source. And most of them are directly or indirectly involved with fish farming or fish products business. Consequently, fish farming generates a good income and employment source for these people. Moreover, global fish exportation business at present is earning more money every year, than any other food commodity.